An Amarula recipe good enough to eat


Most of you may have been speculating at the reason for my hiatus this past couple of weeks. The answer is a simple yet resoundingly simple one: conjuring up some delicious alcoholic delicacies. It has been an arduous task, but a necessary one at that... :)

In celebration of Heritage Day, Amarula has come up with an exciting concept to celebrate our unique African heritage: to create a recipe using Amarula as the main ingredient, that is simple to recreate, and representative of our South African culture.

Although I may not experiment to the extremes of Heston Blumenthall, my humble little kitchen provided the perfect platform to test some interesting concoctions.

I am happy to report that I have finally come up with (in my mind) the winning recipe. Keep your eyes peeled in the next couple of weeks for my detailed Amarula recipe, but for now, you can satisfy your curiosity with a sneak peak at the pictures of the end-product: an Amarula-mousse tart with a gooseberry coulis.





















Comments

Popular Posts