Wedding Cake

As I recently mentioned, I was given the huge honour of making my sister's wedding cake. This was my first attempt at such a formal cake, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Hopefully, this will not be my last venture into the world of formal baking, and I am looking forward in honing my skills for future baking projects. Keep me in mind for that special occasion that calls for an awesome cake :)

Here is the recipe, as well as a couple of pics.
Enjoy!

Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
125ml Cacao
250ml boiling water
4 eggs, separated
50ml water
1ml salt
375ml sugar
125ml sunflower oil
5ml vanilla extract
500ml cake flour
10ml baking powder


Method
Preheat the oven to 180’C. Butter the muffin tin and set aside.
Mix the cacao with boiling water and let it stand until cooled down.
Add the egg yolks to the 50ml water and whisk till light and fluffy.
Slowly start adding the sugar, and whisk well after every addition.
Add the cacao to the egg-yolk mixture and mix well.
Add the sunflower oil and vanilla extract.
In a separate bowl, sift the flour and baking powder together, and add to the egg mixture.
Whisk the egg white till soft-peak stage, and carefully fold it into cake batter.
Spoon the mixture into the muffin tin, and bake on the middle-rack of the oven for approximately 25 minutes.
Note: For the bigger cake, I used exactly the same recipe, but left the Cacao out to make it a vanilla cake.









Comments

Popular Posts